Well hello everyone.
I've been rather busy with school lately, which is why I haven't been updating quite as often.
So, let's see, what have you missed?
An ear infection, a knee injury, friend in the hospital, chest pain, school happenings... I don't know where to start.
Well,
My friend tried to kill herself and was in the hospital for a while. I got a lot of grief for not reacting the way people would expect me to. I wouldn't call it a lack of emotion exactly, I wouldn't call it not caring, but I didn't get too upset. It's not like she actually died, right? And she doesn't remember trying to do it, which is the messed up thing. Everything's been resolved now and she's home.
I got an ear infection recently and I had forgotten how painful those were. At first I went to an urgent care place and they gave me ear drops and ibuprofin 800's. They didn't seem to be doing the trick, so my psychiatrist prescribed me antibiotics and hydrocodone. After about a week, I was back to normal. Though sometimes my ear still hurts a little bit.
I managed to hurt my knee the other day, falling down the stairs in my house. The stairs from the master bedroom are horribly dangerous and I was half asleep. I spent about a week unable to walk much at all. It's feeling better now, but I still get little spasms in it sometimes.
Now, I have been getting chest pain. I get a sharp stabbing pain on the right side of my chest and on my back, and then my chest gets really tight. I also get a feeling of bubbles sometimes. It tends to get worse at night, and has caused me to freak out a little bit. This has been going on with increased severity for about 2 weeks. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully I can get some answers. Being a hypochondriac it makes me very uneasy, and I'm hoping I wont have to make an emergency trip to the hospital. I'm going to the hospital if it starts affecting my breathing in any way and I spend most of my time worrying about it right now.
What if the doctor tells me I need to quit smoking? It's more than an addiction to me, I invest emotion in it. It'll be a letting go experience that I'm not quite sure I can handle right now.
Maybe it's stress? I haven't been feeling any extra stress lately. I know that with school, I'm thinking more and my brain is processing on a higher level, so my subjectivity to racing thoughts and hallucinations increases.
Though, school has been going well. I got a 94% on my first test in American Government, and I think I did well on my first math test in College Algebra, though I haven't gotten the test back yet.
I also wrote my first paper for Comp II, on physician assisted suicide. I think I wrote a good paper, so hopefully I get a good grade. I wont find out until next Friday, though.
Emotionally I've been pretty okay in general, haven't had any noticeable depression to speak of. Just concern over my physical state.
But now I have to go work on math homework and get some housework done, so that's it for an update for now.
09 October 2010
Been busy.
Labels:
college,
essay,
mental illness,
schizophrenia,
school,
stress,
suicide
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?