I haven't updated with a normal entry in a while, so I figured I'd do so.
I've been pretty good in general, and I'm managing an A in all of my classes. I got a 98% on my last math test, an A on my last paper in composition II, and a 100% on my last quiz in American government. I'm especially excited about this since I've never done well in school. Well, I wouldn't say never, but hardly ever have I done this well.
I've also signed up for classes for next semester. I'm taking formal logic, astronomy, and bowling. Next semester is going to be awesome, except Mondays are going to be really long days. My formal logic class is from 0900-1200, then astronomy is from 1800-2200 since the lab can go until 2200 on Mondays. I'll most likely spend the in between time at OCC Royal Oak working on homework and whatnot before I walk to the transit center to catch the bus to the Orchard Ridge campus for astronomy. Chris will be picking me up from school Monday nights if it goes until 2200, otherwise I'd take the bus home at 2000.
The pain I've been in seems to be diminishing somehow. I had an EGD (endoscopy, where a camera is put down your throat and into your stomach) and the doctor saw some erosion in my esophagus. He told me to take Prilosec, and after about a week and a half, it seems to be helping. I find it hard to believe that all that pain was just severe heartburn, but if it's going away with the Prilosec I'm not complaining. It's still hard for me to tell if it's actually going away, or if I'm just getting used to it. I'll just have to pay closer attention to how I'm actually feeling.
My dad is coming to town, he'll be here tomorrow night. I'm very excited since I haven't seen him in about 6 months. Seeing him only twice a year is difficult, but not as hard as it used to be. It just makes the time we are together that much more important. He'll be staying through either Monday or Tuesday.
The symptoms of my schizophrenia have been minimal, which is helpful considering I'm trying to stay up to date with school. The symptoms would be unwelcome at this point, so I'm glad they're staying quiet. I can now go through a day taking only 2 10 mg Saphris, though I don't every day. Some days I still take 3.
I've managed to lose 22 pounds, as well. I haven't weighed this little in nearly 8 years, and I never knew what my body looked like. I gained so much weight so quickly because of medication at the very beginning of highschool, so through puberty I always had the extra weight. My highest weight was 190 lbs., and now I'm at 133. Since I started trying to lost weight this last time, I was at 155. So I guess altogether I've lost 57 pounds. I made a goal on Medhelp.org of 130 pounds, sort of as a joke never expecting I'd actually make it that low. I guess I'm on my way, so that's something else positive.
I've presented you with a few positives, and there is only one negative. I lost a friend last week, she died a few days before her birthday. I wont go into details of her death, but it was unexpected. I attended the funeral this past Sunday, and managed to not need any of my tissue. I feel bad not crying at a funeral sometimes, but I wasn't alone; another friend of mine wasn't crying either. I get numb after a while, especially after losing 3 friends and a grandfather last year. It was nice seeing a whole bunch of old friends from high school and before, though. I had a good time with them, despite the circumstances.
So, I suppose that's my update. The A on the last paper I mentioned was on the neo-Nazi paper I posted in the entry previous to this, by the way. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
23 November 2010
Recent times.
Labels:
astronomy,
bowling,
college,
formal logic,
grades,
medications,
schedule,
schizophrenia,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?