I've managed to work myself much, much too hard and now I am very sick.
I studied for my Calculus I test all day last Tuesday. I woke up at 0600 to study on Wednesday. I even studied on the bus on the way to school. I understood the material, and I breezed through the review, although when I got to class, and looked at the test, I choked. I couldn't get half the questions to give me answers. I began hallucinating, both auditory and visual. Now, I hallucinate visually normally and I find it easy enough to handle. This, though, became extremely overwhelming. Once it began, I couldn't successfully finish my test. I tried, hard, and got frustrated and gave up. It's hard to concentrate when you're seeing things that aren't there, and hearing voices in your head.
After my test, I decided it would be best I went home. I missed Cosmology. I've had the same professor for 4 classes (Astronomy, Physics I, Physics II, and now Cosmology) and that was the first time I ever missed one of his classes. I felt bad, because I love being there.
I wasn't feeling any better on Thursday, and then I still wasn't feeling any better on Friday, so I e-mailed my professors. I was worried I may have to drop. My calculus professor said this:
"OMG, don't drop! You have been doing so well. I will work with you."
And then she told me to give her a call next week to work things out. I suggested to her many options for me finishing the semester successfully. I'm fairly confident I can learn the rest of the material on my own, and I can come in to take quizzes before class, and come in on test days and test in the ASC, and get her to take pictures of the notes to e-mail to me, and she can also e-mail me the worksheets from class.
I haven't heard back from my other professor, and I won't until at least Monday. Everyone I talk to seem fairly certain my other professor will be willing to work with me so that I can finish the semester from home. I mean, my project is 90% done. My sky journal is done. I've already done my group project.
(
)
And there's always the extra credit questions if I need to make up points.
Side story- My group project for Cosmology was hell to put together. Everyone waited until the very last minute to get everything done. I don't know why I always put myself in charge, when I hate doing it.
There were several questions I had to answer for the project, since I chose that part to be my part. Here they are:

My professor said my answers were spot on and nicely done. I had tons of fun answering them, especially the lunar observatory question.
Anyway, back to what I was talking about.
My professor posted the grades for our test that I was certain I failed. I did much better than I thought I did. I got 63%. My professor said since the test was a little rough, she's going to replace our lowest test grade with our average from the final. Even with that 63%, I'm still at a 93% in the class. It doesn't matter, though, because it will be replaced by my final grade. I'll still get an A in Calculus I.
I'm hanging in there, although it's hard to focus on anything. I have great support from friends and family.
Speaking of support, I figured I'd mention this:
When I joined the Triple Nine Society, I had no idea that I'd be making supportive connections like I have. I'm not sure what I expected to happen when I joined, or what I would do with my membership, but I wasn't expecting an extension of my support network. It's an odd, yet pleasant, surprise.
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll be writing here a lot since I'm finishing the semester from home.
I studied for my Calculus I test all day last Tuesday. I woke up at 0600 to study on Wednesday. I even studied on the bus on the way to school. I understood the material, and I breezed through the review, although when I got to class, and looked at the test, I choked. I couldn't get half the questions to give me answers. I began hallucinating, both auditory and visual. Now, I hallucinate visually normally and I find it easy enough to handle. This, though, became extremely overwhelming. Once it began, I couldn't successfully finish my test. I tried, hard, and got frustrated and gave up. It's hard to concentrate when you're seeing things that aren't there, and hearing voices in your head.
After my test, I decided it would be best I went home. I missed Cosmology. I've had the same professor for 4 classes (Astronomy, Physics I, Physics II, and now Cosmology) and that was the first time I ever missed one of his classes. I felt bad, because I love being there.
I wasn't feeling any better on Thursday, and then I still wasn't feeling any better on Friday, so I e-mailed my professors. I was worried I may have to drop. My calculus professor said this:
"OMG, don't drop! You have been doing so well. I will work with you."
And then she told me to give her a call next week to work things out. I suggested to her many options for me finishing the semester successfully. I'm fairly confident I can learn the rest of the material on my own, and I can come in to take quizzes before class, and come in on test days and test in the ASC, and get her to take pictures of the notes to e-mail to me, and she can also e-mail me the worksheets from class.
I haven't heard back from my other professor, and I won't until at least Monday. Everyone I talk to seem fairly certain my other professor will be willing to work with me so that I can finish the semester from home. I mean, my project is 90% done. My sky journal is done. I've already done my group project.
(
)And there's always the extra credit questions if I need to make up points.
Side story- My group project for Cosmology was hell to put together. Everyone waited until the very last minute to get everything done. I don't know why I always put myself in charge, when I hate doing it.
There were several questions I had to answer for the project, since I chose that part to be my part. Here they are:

My professor said my answers were spot on and nicely done. I had tons of fun answering them, especially the lunar observatory question.
Anyway, back to what I was talking about.
My professor posted the grades for our test that I was certain I failed. I did much better than I thought I did. I got 63%. My professor said since the test was a little rough, she's going to replace our lowest test grade with our average from the final. Even with that 63%, I'm still at a 93% in the class. It doesn't matter, though, because it will be replaced by my final grade. I'll still get an A in Calculus I.
I'm hanging in there, although it's hard to focus on anything. I have great support from friends and family.
Speaking of support, I figured I'd mention this:
When I joined the Triple Nine Society, I had no idea that I'd be making supportive connections like I have. I'm not sure what I expected to happen when I joined, or what I would do with my membership, but I wasn't expecting an extension of my support network. It's an odd, yet pleasant, surprise.
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll be writing here a lot since I'm finishing the semester from home.


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?