29 December 2009

comments on age and aging

Today is the 29th of December, which means 2 of the most important people in my life are now considered one year older.

My friend is really struggling with getting older, and all I can really say about it is that the uncertainty of the future is exciting, not frightening. At least not to me. I don't like getting old either; I feel it happening every day. What helped me be okay with it is because of my past.

I'm surprised I made it this far with so many chances of me dying occurred throughout my short 21 year life. I want to see what happens, I want to see where the future goes. I guess that goes along with the field I'm going to college for: theoretical (astro) physics and cosmology. It's one of the most growing and changing form of physics, and I want to hop right in there.

I don't want to miss the science of the future, I don't want to miss realizing my future dreams. I mean, I have my moments where life seems too much to handle, but the future is just so much more appealing.

It's been a tough year and I'm surprised I have that attitude, but I'm oh so glad I do. There is so much time to move and grow. But if you believe in the 2012 stuff, you only have 2 years left anyway! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post?