I recently had a quiz in physics! I already know my score even though we haven't had class again. I actually e-mailed the professor thinking I had done something wrong on the first problem. I went home and recalculated it and I must have gotten it wrong the second time.
The professor said I nailed the first problem (it was perfect), but made some very silly mistakes on the second that cost me 5 points. But 70/75 is "pretty darn good."
My group cam over Saturday to work on our group project. We're doing a project entitled "Resonance Tubes". We built the device and did the experiment. Of course, I'm in charge of doing all the math for it. I'm also making the poster boards. They look pretty neat so far:
I did all the math for it (it was fairly simple) so now all I have to do is finish those poster boards. I'm going to do another board for the math of it.
I want it to be Tuesday! I want my quiz back! I want to see my very silly mistakes!
Something entertaining happened the other day. Chris set his fork right on the center of mass on the edge of a bowl:
It was neat. He just set it there like that without even thinking about it.
Someone in the TNS posted this logic problem:
1. There are five houses [in a row].
2. The Englishman lives in the red house.
3. The Spaniard owns the dog.
4. Coffee is drunk in the green house.
5. The Ukrainian drinks tea.
6. The green house is immediately to the right of the ivory house [as viewed from the street].
7. The Old Gold smoker owns snails.
8. Kools are smoked in the yellow house.
9. Milk is drunk in the middle house.
10. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
11. The man who smokes Chesterfields lives in the house next to the man with the fox.
12. Kools are smoked in [a] house next to the house where the horse is kept. [originally read "the" house, but "a" house is more clear]
13. The Lucky Strike smoker drinks orange juice.
14. The Japanese smokes Parliaments.
15. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
If one resident drinks water, which is it? If one resident owns a zebra, who is it?
You can find the solution here.
I did the problem in about 7-10 minutes. The longest part was writing down all the data. Apparently only 2% of the population can solve it. It was fun to solve, I'd like to try others like this. Anyone know where I can get some fun logic problems?
I have my antepenultimate Physical Geography class today. Almost done! I have an A so far, let's just see if I can keep that A.
I also have my antepenultimate Physics I class on Tuesday. After Physics I, I start Physics II! I'm excited. I have an A in Physics I so far, let's see if I can also keep that one. All that we have left is our group project (which we present on Thursday) and our final (next Tuesday). I should do fine on the final, and we should be okay on the group project.
That's all for now!




No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?