Hello everyone.
I went and saw my psychiatrist yesterday to tell him about how I've been feeling down and I feel like my meds aren't working right. We talked, and determined that I've tried everything else. His suggestion was to maybe do TMS, something he calls "ECT light". It involves magnets, like in an MRI, that is put against your brain in a certain spot to stimulate a certain part of the brain with an electrical current. You're awake and alert and don't feel it. It takes about 37 minutes and is a lot less extreme than full blown ECT. There are fewer side effects, and you might get a mild headache afterward.
I don't know how I feel about it. Had a moment of "God, I'm nuts." as soon as I got home after the appointment. First we're trying to go up on my current anti-depressant, but if that doesn't work the TMS is pretty much the last option. It is a cure for people, however. Too bad it's just for depression and not for schizophrenia. I might feel a bit "too normal", but I could do without the depression. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.
Otherwise.
I got 103 on my last test in Trigonometry, and my teacher e-mailed me and told me that I don't have to take the final and to please take his calculus class. I would have to say that that's pretty cool. So yes, I will take his calculus class - after I take College Algebra. Though after College Algebra I'll probably want to take a break from math and work on Physics and other classes.
Well, my friend decided she wanted to cut my hair. Now, I have a 1/4 of an inch snip out of my left ear. I don't really care, I barely felt it because the scissors were so sharp. Bled a lot though, but doesn't look too bad. I guess I'll have another ear notch, as I already have one genetically on my right ear. I still laugh about it.
I had a crazy weekend. Chris and I went to Beer and Brats with Bob Klotz Saturday, had a good time. Met some nice people. Then afterward we drove about 30-45 minutes away to New Baltimore and attended a party thrown by Chris' coworker. It went really late, so we stayed the night and hung out the next day to see a parade. I'm still feeling tired, but overall it was a good weekend.
I suppose that's about it for now, it's a decent sized entry.
Oh, I also created a Facebook event for my birthday. So if you're reading and want to come, let me know. Also, check out my wishlist on Amazon for my birthday July 12th and have a nice day.
29 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?