I figured I should write an entry that's an update as to how I'm doing and what's been going on this past month. I wrote an entry about the first month of this semester, now it's time to write one on the second month.
Writing my last blog series was really nice. I wrote the series for others to read, though I mostly just did it for myself, as I usually do. I hope others have enjoyed those entries, they took quite a bit of time to write. I wrote those on my phone, too.
I got my first test from Calculus I back. I got 90%. Minus silly mistakes, it would have been 96%. I made some very funny mistakes. I looked at the wrong axis of the graph a couple times, and I forgot that I had solved left and right hand limits, and them being different, I forgot to write "DNE," I solved it instead. I think I chose the right hand limit. There was only one problem I legitimately got wrong, so I'm satisfied with that.
I took my second test in Calculus I. I haven't gotten the grade yet, but I'm pretty sure I did alright. There was one problem where I had to write "At all points where y'=0," because I couldn't factor x^2+8x+8, and I couldn't remember the quadratic formula. That test was intense because of the amount of algebra. I've always had problems with algebra, I'm not sure why. I'm pretty sure I'll be okay. I was confident in my answers.
My favorite thing I've learned so far this semester is that velocity is the derivative of the position function, and acceleration is the second derivative of the position function. I got so excited in class when I learned that, you have no idea. I felt like such a nerd, but that's alright. I always feel like a nerd.
I haven't learned much I already don't know in Cosmology. I'm hoping we'll get to things I haven't already learned in Physics I & II soon.
Intro to Shakespeare is going well so far. I currently have an A-, but that's because his A's are 95% and up, and I'm currently at a 93%. The reason that is is because I had to take a quiz while I was occupied with something else. I accidentally started the quiz, and once you start it you can't stop it. I'll bring my grade up, no problem.
I'm going to try and get a job tutoring at OCC. The classes I'm going to try and be available for are Intro to Philosophy, Physics I & II, Composition I & II, Formal Logic, Astronomy, American Government, College Algebra, and Trigonometry. Maybe I'll offer Calculus I, too, after I finish it. I asked my Astronomy/Physics I & II/Cosmology professor if I could help him this summer, but he said it was entirely based on thw budget and that's out of his control. That does mean, though, that he thinks I'm good enough to help. At least I think that's what that means.
My husband Chris and I's anniversary was the 23rd. We have been married 4 years now. We went to What Crepe? in downtown Royal Oak for dinner. The food was delicious.

It doesn't seem like we've been married for 4 years. We've been together for 8 years in total. That means that in 7 years, we'll've been together for half of my life. Next year will be our 5 year anniversary, which will be a bigger deal.
I had also gone to donate blood earlier on the 23rd. It was my second time donating, and I really enjoy doing it. I ought to donate more, but it needs to be someplace I can get to. I like how Chris and I have the same blood type, A+, so we could give eachother blood if we needed to. While I was donating, someone collapsed after their donation. The nurse asked me if it bothered me, but of course it doesn't, I know that sort of thing is a risk.

My new phone is excellent, and I'm very happy with it. I got an LG MyTouch Q, which is a 4G Android phone with a full keyboard. I've been able to do everything I need to do with my computer on my phone, which is handy considering my computer is currently out of commission.
I guess that's about all. I might write another entry to my blog series with several sections. I'm considering sense of humor, realism, and consequentialism. I've already written an entry on pessimism, optimism, and realism, but I can write on it again. You can find the old entry here.
I'm also considering writing an entry on materialism (the philosophy), and what I believe based on that. Those things will be coming soon, so stick around.
Writing my last blog series was really nice. I wrote the series for others to read, though I mostly just did it for myself, as I usually do. I hope others have enjoyed those entries, they took quite a bit of time to write. I wrote those on my phone, too.
I got my first test from Calculus I back. I got 90%. Minus silly mistakes, it would have been 96%. I made some very funny mistakes. I looked at the wrong axis of the graph a couple times, and I forgot that I had solved left and right hand limits, and them being different, I forgot to write "DNE," I solved it instead. I think I chose the right hand limit. There was only one problem I legitimately got wrong, so I'm satisfied with that.
I took my second test in Calculus I. I haven't gotten the grade yet, but I'm pretty sure I did alright. There was one problem where I had to write "At all points where y'=0," because I couldn't factor x^2+8x+8, and I couldn't remember the quadratic formula. That test was intense because of the amount of algebra. I've always had problems with algebra, I'm not sure why. I'm pretty sure I'll be okay. I was confident in my answers.
My favorite thing I've learned so far this semester is that velocity is the derivative of the position function, and acceleration is the second derivative of the position function. I got so excited in class when I learned that, you have no idea. I felt like such a nerd, but that's alright. I always feel like a nerd.
I haven't learned much I already don't know in Cosmology. I'm hoping we'll get to things I haven't already learned in Physics I & II soon.
Intro to Shakespeare is going well so far. I currently have an A-, but that's because his A's are 95% and up, and I'm currently at a 93%. The reason that is is because I had to take a quiz while I was occupied with something else. I accidentally started the quiz, and once you start it you can't stop it. I'll bring my grade up, no problem.
I'm going to try and get a job tutoring at OCC. The classes I'm going to try and be available for are Intro to Philosophy, Physics I & II, Composition I & II, Formal Logic, Astronomy, American Government, College Algebra, and Trigonometry. Maybe I'll offer Calculus I, too, after I finish it. I asked my Astronomy/Physics I & II/Cosmology professor if I could help him this summer, but he said it was entirely based on thw budget and that's out of his control. That does mean, though, that he thinks I'm good enough to help. At least I think that's what that means.
My husband Chris and I's anniversary was the 23rd. We have been married 4 years now. We went to What Crepe? in downtown Royal Oak for dinner. The food was delicious.

It doesn't seem like we've been married for 4 years. We've been together for 8 years in total. That means that in 7 years, we'll've been together for half of my life. Next year will be our 5 year anniversary, which will be a bigger deal.
I had also gone to donate blood earlier on the 23rd. It was my second time donating, and I really enjoy doing it. I ought to donate more, but it needs to be someplace I can get to. I like how Chris and I have the same blood type, A+, so we could give eachother blood if we needed to. While I was donating, someone collapsed after their donation. The nurse asked me if it bothered me, but of course it doesn't, I know that sort of thing is a risk.

My new phone is excellent, and I'm very happy with it. I got an LG MyTouch Q, which is a 4G Android phone with a full keyboard. I've been able to do everything I need to do with my computer on my phone, which is handy considering my computer is currently out of commission.
I guess that's about all. I might write another entry to my blog series with several sections. I'm considering sense of humor, realism, and consequentialism. I've already written an entry on pessimism, optimism, and realism, but I can write on it again. You can find the old entry here.
I'm also considering writing an entry on materialism (the philosophy), and what I believe based on that. Those things will be coming soon, so stick around.


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?