Somehow I can determine that this is facing North just from this picture and the information in the problem very quickly, yet I can't do it when a demonstration of it is being done right in front of my face. What does that say?
Lab went well. We watched beams of electrons bounce around a cathode tube. It was pretty awesome. A bunch of people had problems with the question for thought we're meant to answer at the end of our lab, but I didn't see what was so difficult about it. I had to help one group with it on top of my own.
Lecture went well, also. That picture that I included up there was from lecture. He asked the class what compass direction that picture was facing, and I thought about it for a second, and said "North." A bunch of people threw out other directions, and the professor didn't say anything. He asked the class again. I said "No, I still think North." Turns out I was absolutely correct. Later, he was doing a demonstration in front of the class with a magnet, a wire, and an electrical current. At that point, I couldn't figure out which side of the magnet was the North side. I said the bottom, but it was clearly the top. I just found it funny that I could do it from a picture, but I couldn't do it when a demonstration is being done right in front of me.
We discussed magnetic force some more, force on a current carrying wire, and torque on a current loop. The professor said to make sure we have the homework through chapter 18 done just in case we have some need for it on Thursday (today.) So I'm pretty sure we have a quiz today. I'm ready for it.
I got an LED belt buckle that scrolls text.
I programmed in: F=ma, V=IR, I <3 Astrophysics, I <3 M44, pi to about 60 places, and "There is no great genius without some touch of madness." It was very much appreciated in class. I was ordered to go around and show it to people.
I calculated that I was one in 12,880,588. That is, that have at least my IQ, are schizophrenic, and have the INTJ personality type. I told someone this, and they said I was undershooting. That made me smile. I could go down even further, though, of course - because only 85% of schizophrenics smoke. So perhaps I was undershooting, but it's the thought that counts.
I also was told to listen to this very amusing comedian. Bill Hicks. I was highly amused and I recommend him to anyone if you like dark humor.
I started playing disc golf! I played for the first time and made 32 over par. That's not that bad considering it was my first try. Chris bought me my own discs yesterday and I'm excited to go play the next day it's not so hot. It's supposed to be 100 today, and I'm not looking forward to that. At least I'm getting a ride to school so I don't have to walk to and wait for the bus.
Lab went well. We watched beams of electrons bounce around a cathode tube. It was pretty awesome. A bunch of people had problems with the question for thought we're meant to answer at the end of our lab, but I didn't see what was so difficult about it. I had to help one group with it on top of my own.
Lecture went well, also. That picture that I included up there was from lecture. He asked the class what compass direction that picture was facing, and I thought about it for a second, and said "North." A bunch of people threw out other directions, and the professor didn't say anything. He asked the class again. I said "No, I still think North." Turns out I was absolutely correct. Later, he was doing a demonstration in front of the class with a magnet, a wire, and an electrical current. At that point, I couldn't figure out which side of the magnet was the North side. I said the bottom, but it was clearly the top. I just found it funny that I could do it from a picture, but I couldn't do it when a demonstration is being done right in front of me.
We discussed magnetic force some more, force on a current carrying wire, and torque on a current loop. The professor said to make sure we have the homework through chapter 18 done just in case we have some need for it on Thursday (today.) So I'm pretty sure we have a quiz today. I'm ready for it.
I got an LED belt buckle that scrolls text.
I programmed in: F=ma, V=IR, I <3 Astrophysics, I <3 M44, pi to about 60 places, and "There is no great genius without some touch of madness." It was very much appreciated in class. I was ordered to go around and show it to people.
I calculated that I was one in 12,880,588. That is, that have at least my IQ, are schizophrenic, and have the INTJ personality type. I told someone this, and they said I was undershooting. That made me smile. I could go down even further, though, of course - because only 85% of schizophrenics smoke. So perhaps I was undershooting, but it's the thought that counts.
I also was told to listen to this very amusing comedian. Bill Hicks. I was highly amused and I recommend him to anyone if you like dark humor.
I started playing disc golf! I played for the first time and made 32 over par. That's not that bad considering it was my first try. Chris bought me my own discs yesterday and I'm excited to go play the next day it's not so hot. It's supposed to be 100 today, and I'm not looking forward to that. At least I'm getting a ride to school so I don't have to walk to and wait for the bus.




No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?