Well, I completed Physics I.
We had our final last Tuesday. I was meant to talk to the professor about taking Engineering Physics and Calculus I at the same time before class, but I didn't get the chance because he was too busy grading finals. I got really disappointed and irritated. We had a time scheduled to talk, 1630, but it didn't happen. I think cancelling on someone like that is sloppy and disrespectful, so I spent the time I took taking the final all irritated.
The first part of the final was a lab portion, worth 60 points. We were presented with a beaker, a ball of clay, and a ball bearing. We had to fill the beaker 3/4 full and place the ball of the clay in the water and mark the level of the water.
Then, we had to take the clay and make a boat. We then placed the boat in the water and marked the level of the water again. After, we had to place the ball bearing in the boat and mark the level of the water again. Finally, we had to sink the boat and mark the level of the water one last time.
We had to then explain the changes in water level. After reviewing the lab, I said "Oh, okay." and walked off to the side to start writing down the answers to the lab. I wrote it up in about 15 minutes. I helped the group perform the experiment, of course, but I spent most of my time writing down the answers. I carried most of the weight in the lab.
We got 51/60 on the lab portion of the final. I'm happy about that since I did most of the work on that. I already know what the 9 points were for. In the lab, I described why the changes in water level were the way they were (the strength of the buoyant force) but not why the shape of the object makes any difference.
The second part of the final was the individual portion. Apparently apart from silly mistakes, I do excellent work. I got 118/140. I ended up one point away from an A in Physics I. That's okay, an A- isn't a bad grade.
I got an A is Physical Geography. Excellent.
Now I just have Physics II and Mass Media and Society. I'm going to put it all in for Physics II, I will get an A. I understand everything in Physics, I just make very silly mistakes. I'm looking forward to seeing my very silly mistakes on my final on Tuesday.
So that's about it.
02 July 2011
My Journey Through Physics - Part 5
Labels:
college,
grades,
my journey through physics,
physical geography,
physics,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?