I had a very up and down day yesterday.
I went to walk-in counseling at the Royal Oak campus. I got there at 11:00. The hours were supposed to be from 9:30 to 16:30. At 11:30 they stopped letting people sign in. I was there until 15:15 before I could get in. I waited 4 hours and 15 minutes. It was terrible. But I got in and got everything taken care of, which is what's important.
My mom picked me up from the Royal Oak campus at 16:00. We still had to stop at Taco Bell so I could get dinner. We drove the way I thought a Taco Bell was, but it wasn't there. So I immediately begin to stress out. I didn't want to be late to class, which started at 17:00. We got to a Taco Bell closer to the Orchard Ridge campus at about 16:45. I managed to wolf everything down in the car and made it to class on time. I had stressed out for no reason, but I often do that so it's alright.
I walk into class and I sit down. Everyone was in the classroom waiting for class to start, so I didn't go up to the board to write my usual smiley face. A classmate from Physics I who was now in Physics II says to me "Something's missing!" and because of that, I get up and draw the smiley face. I figured since someone mentioned it, I would go ahead and do it.
Lecture was good. I knew the answer to several questions he asked during class. We were talking about what we did on Tuesday, and the professor says "On Tuesday, Kat's birthday," and that made me smile. He brought up my birthday in front of the entire class.
The professor seems to like acronyms. He often puts "JFF" on the board (just for fun) when we're doing something just for fun. Back in the beginning of Physics (Physics I) he had written "JFF" on the board and said "Okay, now, just for fun." and I said "Ooh, just for funsies!" and he seemed to find that really amusing. So now, every time he writes "JFF" on the board, he calls it "Just for funsies." If he says "Just for funsies" in every class he teaches, in front of every student, I will be the happiest person ever. That means I actually influenced him.
Lab was a challenge. Since I had missed my 15:00 lab, I had to go to the 20:00 lab. After 20:00 my brain shuts down, especially since I'd been up since 08:00. It was a really fun lab. We had mystery circuits, with 4 leads, and 5-15 30 Ω resistors. We had to figure out, after measuring the resistances, how the circuits were set up. They were like little puzzles and it was a lot of fun, though it was hard that late at night.
Our group finished at about 21:30, but I had to wait for Ryan to be done, therefore I had to wait for the rest of the groups to be done. I was there until about 22:15, waiting around. I was so sick of waiting at that point, I felt like I had waited all day. I wanted to go home - I hadn't been home in so long.
I had some good conversation with Ryan on the way home. I was feeling stressed and sort of down, and Ryan really cheered me up. When I got home, Chris was out back letting a fire die down. I walked back and had a beer and talked for a while. I had a very good ending to my day.
I suppose if a day ends well, then it's a good day.
Oh, and I'll be able to graduate soon. And by soon, I mean about a year.


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?