Yesterday was my birthday, and I also had Physics II.
While I wasn't looking forward to having to spend most of my birthday at school, it turned out alright.
It started happening again. In lab we got together in our new groups. We were working, and every time someone had a question in our group the whole group would look at me. I was hoping this semester this wouldn't happen. I don't know what exactly I do to make myself seem like I have the answers to their questions, but I need to stop.
Lab went well. We hooked up various circuits in series, in parallel, and with a combination of both. We took the measured voltage, the measured current, and the measured combination resistance. We did all this after calculating the combination resistance, and the Vmax for the circuit. After we took the measurements, we calculated the actual resistance of the circuit using Ohm's Law. We compared numbers with percent differences and wrote a conclusion.
In lecture, we had a demonstration involving lightbulbs on a circuit. We hooked them up in series and in parallel, though in series only a few of the lightbulbs lit up (of course.) We talked about resistance and resistivity, resistivity as a function of temperature, electric force, and Coulomb's Law. We worked through a couple examples on the board.
I find this stuff with circuits particularly interesting. I'm trying to think of a good idea for our Gadget Project, but I can't come up with anything yet. I better come up with something soon.
I find this stuff with circuits particularly interesting. I'm trying to think of a good idea for our Gadget Project, but I can't come up with anything yet. I better come up with something soon.
When I walked into Physics II yesterday, Ryan came up to me, gave me a hug, and then gave me a present. Here it is:
It's a book from 1922 entitled "Practical Physics." It's a really awesome book. It goes through a whole bunch of physics stuff, a lot of it we're learning or have learned in Physics I and II. This book is right up my alley, a pretty perfect gift if I do say so myself.
The professor wished me a happy birthday multiple times, and that made me smile.
I went to Nobel Fish for lunch yesterday. It was a good birthday lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. It was delicious, as usual.
I've received other presents as well. I received a new laptop from my dad, a novel and some clothes from Kelly, some clothes, super soakers, and I'll be receiving leggings from my mom. My other gifts I haven't received yet, but I expect to get some at my birthday party and some throughout the week as they come in the mail.
My birthday was fairly uneventful, but it was a good day. I received a present I wasn't expecting to receive and I got wished a happy birthday many times. I'm looking forward to my birthday party on Friday, and let's not forget the Josh Groban concert on Saturday. I'm also having a birthday dinner Sunday night. This weekend is going to be hectic, I hope I have enough time to get some homework done.
Until next time.
The professor wished me a happy birthday multiple times, and that made me smile.
I went to Nobel Fish for lunch yesterday. It was a good birthday lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. It was delicious, as usual.
I've received other presents as well. I received a new laptop from my dad, a novel and some clothes from Kelly, some clothes, super soakers, and I'll be receiving leggings from my mom. My other gifts I haven't received yet, but I expect to get some at my birthday party and some throughout the week as they come in the mail.
My birthday was fairly uneventful, but it was a good day. I received a present I wasn't expecting to receive and I got wished a happy birthday many times. I'm looking forward to my birthday party on Friday, and let's not forget the Josh Groban concert on Saturday. I'm also having a birthday dinner Sunday night. This weekend is going to be hectic, I hope I have enough time to get some homework done.
Until next time.




No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?