15 March 2011

Constellation diagram painting.

Next in astronomy we have a constellation project. Each group is assigned 2 constellations (some have 3) and we have to do a presentation on each. Part of the project involves making a diagram, and that is the part I am in charge of. Our group is meant to do presentations on Leo and Cancer, so I'm making 2 paintings for the diagrams. Here is the Leo diagram painting so far:

This is the painting after 8 hours of prep work and 6 hours of painting.

I'll be attaching LED lights on each of the major stars in Leo in the appropriate colors. One star is a binary star and I'll have an LED that flashes yellow-red (the stars are a yellow star and an orange star).
The professor said there'll be opportunities for extra credit on this project and if these diagrams aren't worth the extra credit, I don't know what is.

The rest of astronomy involves this project, an individual project, a take home (individual) final exam, and our sky journals. I'm excited for the individual work since the group work brings me down.

I also got on the Dean's List for last semester! Here's to hoping I can stay there.

I'll be posting another picture of the diagram once it is complete, and then I'll post pictures for Cancer once I get started on it. I'll post a longer entry when things happen, but that's it for now.

UPDATE:
I spent 2 1/2 hours on the painting this afternoon. (18:57 15 March 2011)

UPDATE:
Spent another hour on the painting today. (13:12 16 March 2011)

UPDATE:
Almost complete! (13:58 18 March 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post?