Well, I have certainly been entertained these past few days.
You may recall this entry, and I've had more interactions with the person in question.
You may remember that I had gone out of my way to be nice to someone and got shot down. I had become even more confused when, upon interacting with them in person, they sent me completely opposite signals than what I had received previously. They would joke with me, start conversations with me, and generally displayed positive feelings toward me. I didn't know what to think at this point.
I took a test to test my EQ (here). Normally I wouldn't take an online test to make myself feel better, but I did in this case. I was curious to see if I actually was bad at reading people or if this person was just especially hard to read. After I took the test, it told me my EQ was 120 - which is the 91st percentile, still fairly high. This made me feel better because it told me I was, for the most part, good at reading people and that this person was a challenge.
I was happy my EQ was not as high as my IQ, because that would just be frightening. Anyway.
I attempted, again, to start friendly conversation that was not in person. This time, I actually got a response that I was satisfied with. Now I'm leaning toward this person actually liking me, or at least, not minding me. Even having a general idea about how this person feels about me is an improvement. My confusion is slipping away.
I was watching Full House reruns, and DJ had an exceptionally good quote. "Men are complicated. Well, not complicated, more like simple." It made me chuckle.
I e-mailed the SI in my astronomy class to ask him if he were also the SI for physics this summer. Turns out he is, and for the section I'm taking. I'm excited about that in a way, because I would hate having to get used to someone new when I'd already got to know this current SI a little bit. I may seem like I make friends easily and happily, but it's really a lot of work and I don't like to repeat the work I've already done.
I expressed hope for more challenging classes upon leaving a community college. I was told that this summer, if I don't feel challenged, that I should let the SI and the professor know and they'll make sure I'm satisfied. I was also told that I should be careful what I wish for. Well, actually, I was told that I would have been told to be careful what I wish for but he didn't want to "deter any of that zeal."
This summer is going to rule. My birthday falls on one of the days we have class, and since class takes up all of my time in a day, I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday. I have to catch the bus at 1300 and I wont get home until 2130. That's 8 1/2 hours out of my day.
I also mentioned that I had never taken a physics class in my life and to bear with me. I'm thinking about making a series of entries on this blog entitled "My Journey Through Physics," in which I would discuss my opinions of the things I'm learning over the summer.
The conversation with the SI I was having via e-mail almost lead to me telling him that I was schizophrenic, but I didn't come out and tell him. I said that I would have told him, but I there's a certain stigma (as we all know) that goes with it and I wouldn't want to be stigmatized by someone's whose opinion I actually somewhat care about. I'm not saying that he'd be like that, but it's better safe than sorry.
Other people in my class know I'm schizophrenic, like the people in the group and the people that sit around me. I normally have no problem telling people, but I also normally don't care about what anyone thinks about it. I don't want to spend an awkward summer with someone I might actually need to receive help from.
Speaking of needing help, I have to remember to ask for it when I need it. That is going to be a challenge, I never like asking for help.
26 March 2011
EQ, an update on a previous situation, and physics this summer.
Labels:
astronomy,
college,
physics,
relationships,
schizophrenia,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?