Well, my forced time away from school is almost over and I couldn't be happier about it. I did have a good break, though. I bought clothes, went to Arts and Scraps, and went to The Henry Ford.
Arts and Scraps is always fantastic, and I left with a bag and a half of random things for crafting. This means I need to organize the basement and put all my stuff away. Exciting, really.
The Henry Ford was fun. I hadn't been there in quite some time. I took some pictures.
I picked up a plastic injection molding of Henry Ford. Why? Because he's Detroit's favorite anti-Semite, of course! I find amusing the idea that he's so idolized, no one ever talks about how anti-Semitic and anti-foreigner he was. I'm thinking about starting something called "Where's Henry Ford?" and take pictures of him various places and see if anyone can guess where he is. Here's just a few photos I took at the museum.
So what an entertaining game that could become!
Preparations are continuing to be made for Kelly moving in. The closet in her bedroom got completed and more of her stuff is moved over. She seems excited about it and I'm glad.
I've noticed the dose of Adderall I'm on isn't quite cutting it lately. I'll need to get a new prescription soon so I'll talk to my doctor about it. Maybe I can try 50 mg in the morning instead of 40 mg and see if it does anything.
I was doing astronomy homework (which is just extra credit, but being the over achiever I am, I do all of it.) and I had to answer a question that was along the lines of "What can we do about global warming, if anything, that we aren't doing now? Write a one page editorial defending your opinion." The book had a whole section in this chapter about global warming being caused entirely by humans. I thought, "Wait a minute, I don't think humans cause global warming." So I wrote about how the Earth goes through natural cooling and warming cycles, and how the last ice age was 10,000 years ago and I think the Earth warms up after an ice age (but I could be wrong. 10,000 years is nothing on the Earth's time line.). I did say that the current amount of pollution is astonishing and that we should work to control that and look for other, cleaner sources of energy, but I don't think global warming is caused by man 100%. The Earth does what it wants without regard to anything that inhabits it.
I just thought the question was mildly amusing.
One more thing before I go. Watch this video and be prepared to be moved.







No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about this post?