30 March 2011

A theory about myself.

I had been impressed at the processing speed of my brain since I've been in remission. I had a theory about the reason behind the increase in processing power.

My brain, while I was ill, was half taken up by the filtering out of voices and the constant need to determine what is real and what is not. This filtering took up a lot of brain power; I'm estimating about half of my total combined capacity to process. Now that I don't have to do that filtering, that one half of my brain is free to join the first half in processing every day activities.

After I had been in remission for a bit, I started getting crazy amounts of deja vu. I wasn't sure why, but now I am pretty sure of the reason. My friend Kelly told me what the scientific explanation behind deja vu was. Apparently the theory is is that your brain processes information faster than your thoughts can form. Now it's starting to make sense and backs up my theory about myself.

I love when something I think about myself, let alone anything, has more evidence to back it up. I might have some good ideas after all.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

hey, this is a really good blog. i'm glad i found it, and glad you're so honest :) i'm a follower!

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post?