20 March 2011

Mid term, constellation diagram, and other amusements.

I finished the constellation diagram for Leo on Friday. Here's a picture:


I'm going to have Ryan (the S.I. for my astronomy class) take a look at it and make sure everything is a-okay. I had to choose who I wanted the diagram to be a surprise for and I decided the professor is more important for it to be a surprise in this case. Ryan will get a surprise with our trump card, though. :) (The LED lights.)

This painting is worth about $750, but I'd sell it for $500. I might even be willing to haggle a bit if anyone is interested. The picture doesn't do the painting justice.

We got our mid term back in astronomy. The night after the mid term I actually had to take a Zyprexa because I was so anxious about our score. I feel silly now. We got 90%, and with the individual portion (which I got 100% on) it means I got a 95% altogether.

I also did extra credit homework that we got back. For each section of homework you do, you can earn 7 points extra credit. For some reason I got 8 and 9 points on the two sections we did. It brought my grade from an 87% to a 94%, and then with the mid term I'm at 96% in the class. If I do all of the extra credit opportunities and we get the extra credit on our constellation project, I'll be over 100% in the class. I plan on doing all the extra credit opportunities, I want the insurance and it would be nice to get over 100% in the class since I'm trying to prove myself to my professor. I know he's got his eye on me so I want to show him what I can do. I have the same professor for physics this summer.

Oh, and I got a star on the answer to the global warming question in our homework. I'm glad he liked it. The question had asked something along the lines of "What can we do about global warming that isn't already being done?" and I ranted on about how I don't think that humans are entirely behind global warming, how I think the Earth goes through natural warming and cooling cycles and it's just warming right now, and how I do think pollution is an issue but not to the degree that the book said it was.

Apparently my professor (for astronomy) is afraid of spiders. He does not know what kind of risk he took in letting us all know about it. I'll be playing a little prank on him, but not until I reach physics. I haven't earned it yet. Maybe even physics II, but we'll see how it goes. I think he likes me enough that by physics I I could have a little fun.

Yesterday I did some serious manual labor for 7 hours. I earned $70, though, which makes it totally worth it. I'm rather sore today, but hopefully that'll clear up by tomorrow since I have quite a long day. I have to get up at 6:30 AM and I wont be home until at least 11:15 PM. I don't want to be sore all day, that would be awful.

Well, I'm about ready to put my Cancer drawing on the canvas. Of course there will be pictures as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post?